by Evan Cooper
– The scientific term for Marijuana is Cannabis.
– Terms for Marijuana: Weed, pot, ganja, grass, dope, trees, kush, bud, chronic, dank, reefer, endo, flower, herb, Mary Jane, and sticky icky.
– “Dabs” refers to cannabis oil that has been extracted and concentrated. It is smoked using a bong and a blowtorch.
– “Hash” is resin collected from the cannabis plant, which is used in edibles and can also be smoked.
– Types of Paraphernalia: Bong, pipe, bubbler, joint, blunt, chillum, and a vaporizer.
– The best-known active ingredient in marijuana is THC (tetrahydrocannabinol) but there are other active cannabinoids.
– Not your Grandma’s Brownies: Edibles, or marijuana infused food, has expanded far past the traditional “special” brownies. Medical marijuana dispensaries sell a variety of baked goods, chocolate bars, jolly ranchers, cereal, lollipops and even cooking oil.