- Take everything one day at a time to avoid becoming overwhelmed.
- Leave your comfort zone. Even if you are a shy person, sign up for clubs and talk to as many people as you can. You will eventually find the right group of people for you.
- Focus on your current surroundings. While it is important to stay in touch with people back home, your main focus should be on the new people around you and all the new opportunities in front of you.
- Be patient. Things happen at a different pace for everyone. Just because everyone around you may seem like they are assimilating and fitting in quicker, does not mean this is necessarily true or that it won’t happen to you.
5. When in doubt, remind yourself of all the reasons you chose to come here in the first place.