- Try to set aside 20 minutes a day to clean, and focus on areas that are the most problematic.
- Make a to-do list every day–minimalism is not only about decluttering your physical surroundings, but also your mind.
- Challenge yourself to spend as little as possible. Always ask yourself: do you REALLY need to buy that?
- Cull your wardrobe accordingly. If you know you’ll never wear something, give it away to someone who will.
- Use as many sustainable products as possible: reuse, reduce, and recycle.
- Rather than holding onto items for nothing other than sentimental value, take a picture of it instead–going digital will save space and reduce paper waste.
- Focus on yourself. Take your time to find the balance between your home, mind, body, and soul.
(taken from the 30-Day Minimalism Challenge on minimalismissimple.com)