THERE ARE COUNTLESS WAYS TO REBOOST WITHOUT CAFFEINATED BEVERAGES.
PHOTO CREDIT: NATALIE HABER
By Caroline Roffe
- Pop a piece of gum. Minty flavors can help increase your motivation, confidence, energy and alertness.
- Eat healthy foods. Eating junk food will energize you temporarily but only fruit and vegetables will keep you at a consistent level.
- Exercise. Even the smallest amount of movement and exertion will get you blood flowing.
- Take a nap. Obviously lack of sleep causes fatigue, but a power nap of about 20 minutes is enough to rejuvenate.
- Get social. You tend to forget about energy level when you are busy talking. Also, energy is infectious, so talk to someone upbeat who can bring you to their level.
- Take a walk. Heading outdoors and taking a stroll is enough to make you feel more alive and boost your mood.
- Drink cold water. Not only can this fix dehydration which also causes exhaustion but the cold will help too.
- Brighten the room. If you are working with little light, you are naturally going to feel sleepier. So turn on the lights!
- Straighten up. Slouching is lethargic, so stop it!
- Spray a citrus-y scent. Citrus stimulates the body’s senses and increase feelings of alertness.